Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Doraemon Cake

I love baking, and baking is part of my routine to pass my bad day. Well, it is not a kind of throwing ingredients around or banging my utensils. Looking at the flour mix with the butter, put in the oven in a liquid form and waiting, waiting, waiting and it POP out very nice cake with beautiful fragrance. At that time of moment all my anger and frustration will be gone...
Nobody will keep angry after see the result of hardwork right? Hm, what i am talking now? a bit of nonsense.... :)

Here it goes one of my baking experiment.... I love baking even though i am not a kind of person who will spend whole day in the kitchen. I am too busy with my job and it taken my whole day in the office, after job it will be too late for baking and my body exhausted for anymore baking. Thus, i will did that on mostly weekend. Isn't it a good idea? Having a very stress and tiring day, and before you end your week you throw all your temper , your anger and your problem into baking at the end of the week?

Here, it goes my spesial cake. Why is this spesial? It's because it is my first trial doing piping and decorating the cake. I know baking since i was secondary school but it was mainly bake a normal cake without any decorating. I don't like decorating because i don't really love buttercream. Time make me change my way of seeing thing. I love to see nice and cute cake... and here is my first cute cake : DORAEMON CAKE

Do you know who is DORAEMON? I proud to say. YES YOU KNOW HIM. He's a japanaese cartoon. He's actually a failure machine made by a factory and he supposed to be destroyed. However, he managed to escape and he actually save the world from an enemy. He has a magic pocket in his belly. The pocket actually can give whatever problem solved. He is also well known with his magic door , the door that can bring you to where you want. Moon? possible with that door. hahaha :D

I love this creature since i was a small kid. I love reading Doraemon comic and as i grow older i keep many of his stuff. lucky me, i am not that crazy till i dye my hair turn blue.

Stop talking, i guess i am already bored you with my talking here....


This picture showed you where i get started before i color my cake, you can see i have a copy draft to help me (see: the right from the cake). I use a simple butter-cream cover my vanilla cake and for the drawing i use melted chocolate. I never have A grade for drawing so mind my mistake here.



See his mouth and his necklace? I colored it with pink. OK, sorry for my mistake here. I know it should be Red mix with some Orange here but i finished that color from my previous baking. You don't expect me to drive to the nearest market just to buy red coloring right? I am too anxious to finish this cake as fast as i want. So i don't care more about Red or Pink. They are still in the Red family anyway (haha... i can make thousand of excuses here...)

And the final result....
I guess you are angry since i making thing so slow here....
Here it is:


MY FINAL RESULT .....!!!!!




How? Comment please.....
Is it more to delicious to you or to cute to be eaten? Some of my friend who actualy have their luck to taste this have no courage or bare to cut this cutest cake. Is it to good to be true?
Finally i proud to say my first attempt on decorating cake is SUCCESS. I am happy to see the end result.







1 comment:

  1. That's a nice doraemon!
    I wont complain about the red-pink-orange things, just like you said,they are all RED anyway, haha
    What kind of piping tip did you use?

    ReplyDelete